How do you make the decision to purchase a new machine?
We looked back and came up with this list of things to consider when buying machinery at any upcoming event.
- Does the company have a track record in producing and selling woodworking equipment?
- Will the new machine add versatility to your operation, performing more functions and processes?
- Will the new machine add to production output, or simply replace an older existing machine?
- Will the new machine interface with existing company systems and other machines?
- Are there similar operations as yours that use the same equipment?
- Can you talk to other users of the equipment before making a decision?
- Does the machine require a lot of operator and maintenance training?
- Is the machine flexible enough to allow for rapid and setups and changeovers?
- Will the equipment meet production needs including feed speeds and motor capacity?
- Does the machine make use of common tools and tool holding systems?
- Can the machine be used with common material handling equipment?
- How complete is the warranty of the machine?
What do you do when considering new equipment?
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.